Saturday, November 17, 2012

Back to reality. Illuxcon V





Last weekend was the fifth annual Illuxcon in Pennsylvania. This was the 4th time that I have been lucky enough to attend and my second time participating in the showcase. As always this event provides enormous amounts of inspiration and I come away from it wanting to work even harder to find a place in the world of fantasy art. So much so that I went to a figure drawing class on thursday for the first time in years! This year we also bought our first original painting (albeit a small one) by the very talented E.M. Gist. I'm pretty sure this will be the beginning of a collection. I love this painting.

 Next year Illuxcon will be moving to a new location in Allentown, PA and I'm looking forward to it already.
 Here's a link to my mini-movie that was playing at my table this year (minus the new opening footage from the convention itself). If you give it few minutes you will get our first attempts at animation. I doubt it will be the last. Terry Gilliam watch out!
 I also want to say a special thank you to my wonderful wife Kari who edited the movie, helped me out at the showcase and put up with all of my nerves and preparations leading up to the show. I couldn't do it without her!
Now on with the show! Get your popcorn and remember, NO talking during the movie. 7 minutes
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8aNXXok1wDk&feature=plcp

ps the soundtrack is courtesy of my dad Pete on concertina and me on guitar from one of our recent basement sessions. Hope you don't mind Dad!!

No comments:

Post a Comment