Saturday, February 25, 2012

Pulp in progress




Here are a couple of progress shots of a piece for an upcoming "Pulps" challenge. One of my favorite Illustration genres. What's not to like about heroic adventurers, damsels in distress, amazon warrior princesses, savage beasts. Get the picture? Action! The covers were always moments of action or at least great tension.  Very appealing subject matter if you enjoy letting it all hang out.
My wife Kari helped me with the damsel and I did my best imaginary adventurer. Of course I should have taken the shot splashing around in our little backyard pond but it's February and despite a mild winter it's just too cold to be splashing around in ponds..

2 comments:

  1. Your imagination on the damsel's chest really ran wild.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great exciting painting.

    ReplyDelete