Saturday, December 17, 2011

A day at the museum

There are few things more artistically inspiring than a visit to a great museum. We recently had a chance to go to one of my favorites, the Metropolitan Museum of Art in NYC. I get goosebumps looking at the works of some of my favorite painters of all time. Rubens for example. Regardless of what anyone says about how he painted plump ladies, he may be the greatest painter of action scenes in history.

The memories of the time my brother and I first saw the Great Hall in the Arms and Armor section are still vivid.
This is a great collection of weapons and armor from different cultures around the world. I'm sure I will be using some of these as reference in future works




And of course its always nice to catch up with some Old friends

2 comments:

  1. What is the story of the drawing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The story of the drawing and the reference to old friends revolves around our last visit to the Metropolitan Museum of Art. We spent our designated time exploring every other part of the museum. While trying to find our way out we discovered the Assyrian Sphinx's. I wanted to sit and sketch but we had no time. This visit I made sure I found them and managed to do a little sketch. Nothing great but mission accomplished.

    ReplyDelete